New Bolier - Which one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok we are going to be moving house next week, and the house we moving into has a back bolier and the tanks i think or some or in the 2nd bedroom, it's a Semi 1900 2 bed 1 bath house. It has a raditor in every room, so about 5 as the 2nd bed does not.

Now which boiler should i get most people are screaming Combi too me, i like hot water on tap, and we mostly have showers only the Gf has baths now and again.

Also what sort of price am i looking at approx, and how many quotes should i get?

Thanks sorry cannot post makes of old bolier etc as dont have access to it yet.

But the timer on/off switch is an old brass thing with 2/3 switches and looks like a light switch at first.

Sponsored Links
Get quotes from at least 3 including the usual suspects British Gas.

If your water main is good then your options are combi or unvented cylinder. The cylinder option is good if you don't want to wait ages to run a bath and you don't want the noise of a shower pump waking you when she gets ready for work.

Hard to give an exact price without knowing more about your house and where you live but a ballpark would be in region of 3000 for an unvented cylinder system. Expect British Gas will charge significantly more than this for a basic combi system.

M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back