New build concrete floor drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, just looking a bit of advice please? I'm in a new build home approx 3.5 years and recently I noticed the concrete/tile floor at the back door has dipped about 8-10mm and I can see the base of the door frame. Initially our integrated fridge wouldn't shut properly but I thought nothing of it but now it would appear it's due to this floor tilt.

I've also noticed gaps appearing between the bathroom wall and floor tiles and some skirting boards in the kitchen which is concerning.

Any experience/advice greatly appreciated

Attachments

• DSC_0290.JPG
    DSC_0290.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0289.JPG
    DSC_0289.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-20230528-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20230528-WA0004.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
All standard features in new builds.

Is the house finished in facing brick with mortar stains all over the brick faces?

I'm not sure a sinking floor is standard, wonky floors, poor finishes throughout, a garden full of rubble etc but not a sinking floor. Typically new builds of the last decade or so have beam block floors at ground level, it would be worth having a dig around, speak to the neighbours, investigate what type of floor you have etc ....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back