New C/H System but no Hot Water? GlowWorm Flexicon 18SX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks,

Boiler is Glow Worm Flexicon 18SX

My neighbour grabbed me when I came in from work last night and asked if I could help him out. He has had a new central heating system intalled and said he was having some problems with it. He does get confused quite easily and I figured from what he was saying it was down to the programme not coming on.

Had a look and both heating and h/w were set to be on constantly, but times had been programmed in so I changed it to the auto setting.

Ran his hot tap for a while and it was no where near hot, but barely tepid even though from the sounds of it the sytem has been on 24hrs since it was fitted tail end of last week.

They have replaced boiler in the kitchen, and the h/w tank in the airing cupboard plus all the rads. Apparently the previous system was under 2 years old but some thing about availability of spare parts meant it had to be changed.

On the h/w tank there was a small box/dial which was set to about 50 which I presumed is to do with the water temp??? I turned this up to 70 and told the guy to wait a few hours or over night and this should sort it. Had a quick word with his wife this morning on my way out and there was no change.

They are council tennants and this has been done by their contractor so I've told her to contact the council to sort it out for her.

Is there any thing else that I could quickly check if they have not been seen to today?

I noticed on the boiler there is an LCD display that appears to alternate between displaying the bar pressure and I think a temp but it is not the heating temp as it is high 50's? Could this be the problem? I'm fairly certain that this temp could be changed on the boiler.

Sponsored Links
First I'd check for trapped air. There's probably an air bleed point near the HW cylinder, off the upper pipe which goes in sideways partway up. May need a screwdriver or small spanner or rad vent key.

First I'd check for trapped air. There's probably an air bleed point near the HW cylinder, off the upper pipe which goes in sideways partway up. May need a screwdriver or small spanner or rad vent key.

Thanks for the tip. Will have a look tonight as I'm sure to be grabbed when I get home from work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back