New car

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Still hunting down a new motor - forget the dosh, looking at hybrid, preferably plug-in.
Luved the Pug 3008 hybrid4 - Stuffed by potential city centre legislation (Nox'ed to fk by a Cambridge review of measured pollution...)
Is this Euro stuff setting up the Krauts to clean up again ? VW and Beemers pretty much all EUR-6 compliant - NOW !

Frenchy Pugs have the engines but not using them fully.
Nissan not hybrid, BUT tried the toys in the Qashqai, excellent - not Euro-6 compliant - I would buy if was !!

Just noticed VW GT'E' and, in my opinion, a very god review by a German in English. fair play, at least he is talking about the car in question... Good job Hermann !
http://youtu.be/US5lFYY20n8

Borass is a k'in spoilsport - gonna screw most of our diesels before he falls off his elevated perch - HIGNFY showed him for what he is or was - just never showed the balls which must have attached to his head...

-0-

Sponsored Links
The dangers of early afternoon drinking :LOL:

Wish it was !! :D

My strop was over the Pug 3008 hybrid 4, Orangewheels = <£21k OTR.

Then I saw this "...Diesel-electric
powertrains may be a low carbon technology, but they are likely not to be a low emission vehicle as their emissions of NOX will be significantly higher than a comparable petrolelectric vehicle. It is therefore surprising that manufacturers have developed and are selling diesel-electric cars. A single diesel-electric hybrid car was observed in Cambridge, a Peugeot 3008 hybrid. The NOX emission measurement for this new vehicle was high..."
https://www.cambridge.gov.uk/sites/...les/documents/Cam_VEMS_ProjectReport_v1.0.pdf Page IX.

So I am thinking either / or both, large, vehicle 'road tax' increases, city driving charge for less than EURO-6 compliant vehicles, Not many Euro-6 stuff yet.

I thought the VW G GTE review was pretty good...

Euro-motors other than Krautmobiles should be very aware of what happened to the Brit Mo-cycle industry - back in the day - lack of foresight pitched them right out of the larger marketplace.

-0-

I got the general gist of the post but found it a bit of a ramble. :LOL:

Thankfully as a confirmed planet rapist I have no need to buy these eco ****** cars and only really know enough about them to point and laugh at their green-washed sweater brigade owners. :)

Sponsored Links
Mazda CX models looking better by the minute... had a rented '5' version during USA road trip in 2014, very good experience - until the windscreen cracked ! Nice drive tho' - Actually the crack occurred during an almost white out around Denver whilst 'safely' tracking a school bus FFS.

-0-

The V8s a must I'd have thought. :)
I prefer the original Mustang really though.

The V8s a must I'd have thought. :)
I prefer the original Mustang really though.

At least the steering wheel is on the right side, but in all honesty I can't see them selling in large numbers here.

Sponsored Links
Back