New Central Heating System

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm posting this for my dad, he has a problem with his hot water/central heating system, it keeps going wrong, getting blocked and he has been told it needs replacing (new condensing boiler, cylinder and control unit) and quoted £4000.

Firstly does the price sound about right? (I know - how's long's a bit of string etc and he will obviously get more than one quote but he just wants a general idea...)

The plumber also told him it could last a week or 5 years - is there any way of keeping it going a bit longer (he only uses it for hot water in the summer)

I'm asking this as he's getting on a bit, has no money and is planning on moving in 2 years and the house will be one of those 'requiring complete modernisation' (or knocking down!), so if they're any way of keeping the system going a bit longer...

Thanks in advance,
Vicky

Sponsored Links
If you could tell us what boiler he has and what type of system it is, we may be able to offer some advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back