New combi boiler but low water pressure.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a Worcster Bosh CDi30 combi boiler fitted. I have noticed that the water pressure at all my taps isn't as good as my previous gravity fed system.

I have seen that the water pipe coming into my house feeds all the cold water taps and then leaves the house into the garage where the combi boiler is fitted. Will the fact that the cold water feeds my house before entering the combi boiler effect the water pressure and could this be improved by the mains water being plumbed directly into the boiler first.

Sponsored Links
I've just had a Worcster Bosh CDi30 combi boiler fitted. I have noticed that the water pressure at all my taps isn't as good as my previous gravity fed system.

I have seen that the water pipe coming into my house feeds all the cold water taps and then leaves the house into the garage where the combi boiler is fitted. Will the fact that the cold water feeds my house before entering the combi boiler effect the water pressure and could this be improved by the mains water being plumbed directly into the boiler first.

Not a plumber mate but i have recently had a worcester bosch greenstar 30 installed, and my flow rate from any tap seems to have a lot less pressure than previous from my tank, spoke to Worcester who asked was it 22mm pipe from boiler (downstairs) up to bath. When i looked it was 15mm, i was informed that it should be 22mm and that would be the reason.
I did have a guy out who checked my flow rate and said it was the proper rate, however it takes approx 20-25 mins to get a bath full of water, and at times you can actually step into the bath without adding cold water.
so maybe yours is fitted with 15mm pipe

Not sure what the actual pressure or flow rate is, Ill fill up a bucket and time it. However, the hot water pipe (and the cold) are both 15mm pipes from the boiler, only the central heating uses 22mm pipes. Maybe this may be the problem?.

Sponsored Links
You don't measure pressure by timing a bucket fill, that is flow. Like amps and volts, they are related but totally different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back