Water pressure/shower/combi problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 2 storey house. All cold water taps and toilet are fed from the mains. I have a combi boiler feeding the hot taps and an electric shower. The main problem is our mains water pressure is rubbish- sometimes the shower will not work because theres not enough water flow. If you want to fill a sink you have to run the hot and then the cold because the 2 wont run at once.
I need some ideas!!!!
I was going to reconect the tank in the attic and feed a new pump/electric shower from this. Can you feed a combi boiler from a tank aswel? If i did that you could run hot and cold taps at once.
Thanks,
Dave.

Sponsored Links
If one assumes the water pressure problem to be longstanding..then who put the combi in in the first place as it was quite possibly unsuitable from the word go. Installers are supposed to check water pressure and flow rates, but too few do.

Have you approached your water company about the water pressure problem, and do your neighbours have the same grief ? You can all try writing and complaining as it is sometimes something they can improve.

I am not aware of any way you can boost the water pressure. This problem is cropping up more and more particularly in high rise in London when there has been a reduction in pressure due to water shortage.

A combi too far perhaps?

Alfredo

I suspect you could do with an accumulator, if the standing pressure is over 1.5bar it will work very well. If it is below that, there will shortly be a new product to work with an accumulator to provide a small boost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back