shower heat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello ive just moved into a house that is fitted with a vaillant vcw gb 282 eh combi,ive no probs with ch or dhw from the hot water taps in the house,there is no tanks in loft only the combi ,the flow from the hot taps is ok, no problems with the hot water when turning on any cold tap/hot tap in the house..the problem is the shower which is a bristan java/colonial manual mixer shower,it gets hot water no probs when handle is pushed open to hot position problem is when i turn handle to mix the cold water the combi goes out and it only runs cold,ive taken cartridge out and cleaned and seams to be ok,thing i noticed when it was out of shower body is that when i move the cartridge from hot to the cold position it closes off the hot feed before opening the cold feed in the cartridge,, so this would have the same affect as closing a hot tap so the boiler goes out when moving to the cold feed part of the cartridge is this right..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back