New Combi Boiler fitted advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new Worcester Combi boiler fitted, which has also replaced my primatic heating system. I am told now the system is pressurised, will this present a problem if I take a radiator off the wall to decorate and such ?
Is there anything else I should know re removal of rads/problems caused.
In the days of the "owd primatic" I used to just lob the rads off, and back on. The word "pressure" concerns me.

Sponsored Links
Your rad valves "should" hold the pressure in the boiler, so apart from a small phttt when you first open the rad (use the bleed valve) you won't see any pressure - unless the rad had air in it.

It might be worth buying a pair of caps to screw on the rad valve spigots in case they "let by " a bit.

And when you put the rads back on and refill, system pressure will obviously drop to zero and you'll need to open the filling loop to restore it.

Remember also to add corrosion inhibitor to system. This would not have been possible with primatic cylinder.

You should also consider flushing the system to remove accumulated sludge if this has not been done already.

Sponsored Links
Oh yes, I forgot abouthte refilling! :oops:
You'll probably need a special plastic T shaped thing to fill the system back up - make sure you have one before you let the water back into the rad!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back