new cooker can't be installed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been told (by Curry's) that they can't install a freestanding electric cooker in my fitted kitchen as the distance from the top of the cooker to the cooker extractor fan and the distance from the worktop to the underside of the wall units does not conform to British Standards. They told me 750 mm for the first but could not give me a minimum clearance for the second. Can anyone help with BS number and also date this came in. Kitchen was installed via insurance company following a flood and date is important as they obviously don't want to pay to put it right if they don't have to. Any advice or suggestions for finding this information gratefully received. PS - I live in Scotland if this makes any difference.

Sponsored Links
The diamensions quoted to you are from BS6172 2004 however these are normally only applicable to gas appliances because of a naked flame.
The diamension for the wall unit to worktop is 460mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back