new door at the corner of our extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a door through to the garage in my kitchen. The gap where it could go is quite small and would involve the door frame being only 10cm away from an internal corner, which forms an external corner on the outer wall. I read that there is a regulation regarding the proximity of new doors/windows to an external corner (660mm?), however in my case the corner is to a flat-roofed single storey extension, so there would only be a height of about 4 bricks above the door lintel. Do structural regulations apply in this circumstance, where so little weight is being supported?

Sponsored Links
Regulations will apply to the lintel arrangement and fire safety, i.e. fire door, frame and closer.

Probably.:cool:

The 660mm measurement is the minimum allowable without structural calcs. If you can prove that putting the door where you want doesn't affect the structure then you're OK.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back