New Eden CX24 or CX32 boiler-Halstead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am having my old boiler replaced and relocated with additional pipework boxed in.
I have had 4 quotes for the job, ranging from £1750 to £3200. The 1750 man has said that the boiler he will use is the Eden CX.... combi condensing by Halstead.
I have heard that there are a lot of 'energy efficiency' approved boilers that still have lots of problems with them in the first year.
Does anyone know if this boiler is a reliable boiler that wont cause me lots of hassle after the 2 year guarantee period? and is the quoted job of 1750 a good price for all the work required?
look forward to hearing from you.
thankyou

Sponsored Links
Halsteads seem to work ok for me very few problems (famous last words)
List price for a CBX 32 from City is £1400.00 so I think if your getting the installation for £1750 + Vat? it's a very good deal. Just make sure the installer is Corgi registered and fills out the benchmark book also flushes the system for your warrenty.

Thats very sensible advice but please follow it and dont just ask him if he is registered!

Insist on seeing his CORGI photo card and ideally it should show "Energy Efficiency" ticked to prove that he has attended the course. If not then its not too important as long as he has the card.

If he does not have the CORGI card TOTALLY DISREGARD him and report him to CORGI immediately. Its illegal to install gas appliances if he is not registered. Few registered installers chose Halstead boilers although they are OK and have a stainless steel heat exchanger which is good.

Tony

Sponsored Links
thank you very much, you've been very helpful. i will definitely be asking to see the corgi card.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back