New flat - electric water heater thermostat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post so hello to everybody! I am not a plumber or anything, but I'm interested to discover whether I can do anything about this issue myself.

I have just bought and moved in to my first property! :D

The flat runs on Economy 7 electricity (no gas) and the hot water comes from a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo HE water heater tank and this is fitted with 2 Cotherm TSE thermostats, one for the on-peak and one for the off-peak elements.

I have set the controls up correctly to heat the water for a period of three hours during the early morning when the off-peak electricity is in effect.

Annoyingly the red safety button on the off-peak thermostat keeps tripping and I have to press it back in every day. Once I do this the water heats normally and all seems fine. The red dial on the thermostat has a range between 1 and 5 and is currently set to 4. Not sure what this means, possibly the heat at which the thermostat turns the heating element off?

The on-peak (boost) heater works fine and the thermostat for this doesn't trip.

I wanted to just scout around the possible causes before having to resort to calling in a plumber (the expense of which I could do without right now having bought the place and kitted it out with furniture).

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Graham

Sponsored Links
sounds to me like the thermostat in the off peak immersion has gone, not a major job to change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back