New Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Just had my front room floor joists strengthened and the floor more or less leveled out. Its a mid terraced house with floor boards and joists with a 4ft void beneath. All the skirting's and door surrounds are off and I want to fit a Laminate floor, I have a few questions

We like the real wood stuff although it is quite dear is this stuff OK

What is the best layer to have beneath the new floor and on top of the floorboards? I want something that's good for heat sound and noise as we live on the main road

Where is a good place to look for this stuff? We are looking for about 20 mt squared.

It will be a room that is not always used but we walk through it from the front door so it has to be hard working.

Thanks. :D

Sponsored Links
I am in the process or removing my floorboards and I too have a void of about 40cms underneath to allow for air circulation. The reason for me removing my boards is to insulate between the joists.

Before you put the boards back, check to see if you need to insulate the space between the joists first in order to stop any cold air from blowing up through the gaps in the boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back