New fridge with a suitable optimum ambient temperature range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, have just registered, could anyone please advise on this.

I am sure that my kitchen will have lengthy periods of being below 16 centigrade, particularly through the night and early morning in the autumn and winter, before switching on the central heating ( it is actually 15.6C as I write this, 2.00 pm, June 11th ).

Given that situation, and my need to get a new fridge ( which is just a fridge, with no freezer section and no ice box ), would it be best to avoid getting a new fridge which according to the specification only has an optimum ambient temperature range of 16C – 32C ( climate class N ), and instead get one which has a range of 10C – 43C ( class SN – T ) ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Interesting. I'd never heard of /imagined this constraint on a fridge. And now you mention it, our fridge began making a terribly loud hum after moving to a new (old) house this winter. It would stop with a thump but return shortly...but then it suddenly stopped making the nose altogether just as spring finally warmed up, when ambient temperature has stayed above 20c, even through the night.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back