New garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at replacing a battered and broken up and over garage door with something more functional.

Thinking a roller door as would require less opening space. Possibly motorised to save effort opening.

Are there any particular brands to look out for or avoid?

Is aluminium ok and strong enough?

I live in Manchester does anyone know of any recommended suppliers/fitters?

Anything else to consider be aware of?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I got a nice roller garage door from a company called Ace. Do your homework and shop around. They are like windows a lot of companies will send out a surveyor (aka sales person) to try and lead you to believe they are doing you an amazing deal on that note stay away from the company Crocidile.

Cheers, I've already made my first mistake by confusing roller doors with sectional (which is what I think I want).

I got a 40mm thick insulated Ryterna remote control door fitted in Rochdale by Phil at https://www.byrondoors.co.uk/

First I thought to DIY it but it seemed too much of a minefield. Someone recommended him to me and he was great.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back