New heating system 'hunting' and cannot seem to stop this

I would imagine so. And as you install them and have experience, I will take your word for it. But seems academic for this discussion.

For both me and the OP it is unlikely to be an option with existing boilers, unless they happen to include electronic interfaces and ccts for weather compensation controls to be added to them.

I.e I didn't think you could just add weather comp control to an older boiler that never envisioned it in the first place can you?

Rgds

Sponsored Links
I'm certainly no expert on how boilers work (condensing etc), so this is purely IMHO.

To me the concept of modulating on / off seems valid but maybe not the best way of controlling the temp. Better is modulating the fuel in parallel. Even my wood pellet stove does this. If you think about it, a lot of things we use do that, cars & cookers etc modulate the fuel rather than a straight on / off. Imagine turning off your car ignition to slow down or speed up while at the same time having your foot flat on the floor all the time ....

The reason I was searching around to better understand how my programmer / thermostat worked was that it kept shutting my boiler down. With a pellet stove this means waiting 15 mins for it to start up, and is very inefficient for fuel. Knowing how the programmer TPI works, will hopefully allow me to balance the boiler & programmer together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back