New Honeywell V4073A1088 possible problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have just had had a new Honeywell V4073A1088 valve installed (about 2 weeks ago) to sort out a heating problem I was having.

The heating refuses to switch off - even when slider switches programmer on boiler are set to OFF. I have had the programmer changed on the boiler - and it makes no difference - ie. the heating will not switch off - unless boiler is set to hot water first and thermostat dial is turned all the way off.

It has been suggested that the V4073A1088 valve could be stuck 'open'? I have checked the lever on it and it is set constantly to AUTO. I tried to move the lever manually - and found it extremely easy to slide back and forth. Could this problem be linked to the spring lever not installed properly?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
nomiwilts";p="1809123 said:
Hi - I have just had had a new Honeywell V4073A1088 valve installed (about 2 weeks ago) to sort out a heating problem I was having.

The indications are that the valve body has been installed the wrong way round, ie, hot water port to central heating and vice-versa.

The side marked "B" should go towards the cylinder heating coil !

Thats a very basic mistake. What was the calibre of the person who fitted the valve?

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back