New house, new alarm & new CCTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've been lurking in these parts for some time, hovering up bits of valuble information.

I have purchased a Visonic Powermax Complete for when we move house as the new house doesn't have any alarm fitted.

There are open fields at the back of the house giving easy access to any undesirables so the alarm is my priority.

Thanks to @E999 having given to other members regarding CCTV, I am following what you have said & researched the DVR & camera suggestions you have made; so thank you. I called Max @ MAP security, a very pleasant chap, who explained what hardware I would need to get my CCTV set up. Having never spent any reddies on CCTV previously it is an unknown entity. The cheap chinese 8 cams & a dvr for £300 looked more than enough, even if i didn't really want to spend that sort of money.

This is where my problem lies, spending money! I will spend it if i need to but CCTV looks like a bottomless pit! A quote i had today was £720 for a DVR + 1 cam, my heart sank. However, someone at work has upgraded their system to the latest thing & offered me a Samsung srd-470.....

So i am going to politely rip his hand off & spend some cash, I don't think i need more than 1 cam at the moment however i can expand this system when funds become available. For now i have more than blown my tight £150 budget for an alarm & CCTV.

Now my life story is over first question for the floor; Where is best to mount my alarm control panel? I had read it may not be the best idea to put it next to the front door?

Thanks

mookydudz

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back