CCTV Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

My house is fitted with an old budget Swann CCTV system that is connected to 2x 4 channel DVRs.

The cameras are all low quality and not HD, and once of the DVRs now has a fried HDD.

So I am looking to replace the 2 x DVRs with a new 8 channel DVR and I am looking to replace the cameras with a HD system. Hopefully a system that will also allow me to view the cameras over the internet.

I am looking at re-using the existing wiring between the cameras and DVR if possible.

Can anyone recommend a decent system to fit these requirements? I am ideally looking to keep spend down as much a practical circa £300 would be ideal, but I appreciate it am likely to have to spend more!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If your looking at a buget price , hikvision , but be careful what dvr you get , buget 8 way can do 1080p @12.5 frames , one hard dive slot only , next up 1080p
@ 25 frames all a 2 mp with 2 harddrive slots
New machine just out with 3mp recording and AHD camera support with option of 2 ip cameras @ 5mp

Does it matter if my current cabl
If your looking at a buget price , hikvision , but be careful what dvr you get , buget 8 way can do 1080p @12.5 frames , one hard dive slot only , next up 1080p
@ 25 frames all a 2 mp with 2 harddrive slots
New machine just out with 3mp recording and AHD camera support with option of 2 ip cameras @ 5mp

Thanks..

Do you mean something like this:

http://www.cctv-global.co.uk/dvr-8ch-ds-7208hqhi-sh

My current system uses BNC cables, and if the above is compatible with older non HD cameras, it would allow me to replace the defunct DVR (and its 4 channel twin) whilst continuing to use my existing cameras, updating them to HD in slower time.

What HD cameras would you recommend to pair with this?

That's the middle option , the new machine is a DS-7208HUHI-F1/N ....25frames @ 2mp .... 15frames @ 3mp max storage 2x 6tb

Sponsored Links
To change your full system to 1080p can cost you around £200 for a good dvr and about £60 per camera. You can use existing rg59 cable. I can supply you with a price if you, I run my own cctv company.

To change your full system to 1080p can cost you around £200 for a good dvr and about £60 per camera. You can use existing rg59 cable. I can supply you with a price if you, I run my own cctv company.

Hi, well I am looking for a new DVR (maybe the 8ch-ds-7208hqhi-sh or the DS-7208HUHI-F1/N) with 4 HD cameras for outside use with decent night vision range and decent day time capture too. Looking for a good value set up that won't bust the bank. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back