Swann - Samsung CCTV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Swann - Samsung CCTV

Does the Swann CCTV use the same type of camera/ DVR connecting wires as Samsung ?

As my Samsung DVR has faults I am hoping just to replace the DVR and new cameras keeping same installed wires in loft space.

At the moment I have picked the Swann CCTV seems to be readily available.

Sponsored Links
The camera type you mentioned in your previous post appears to be an IP based device. That being so you will have ethernet cables running to the DVR, and these can certainly be reused for new IP cameras, if they are still in good condition and the connectors haven't been damaged.

You can in theory mix different makes of IP camera and DVR. But for maximum compatibility and ease of setting up it's best to keep them all from the same manufacturer.

The Swann range are at the budget end of the market and are not generally endorsed on here. If you can afford it, go for something like Hikvision which are generally very reliable.

The camera type you mentioned in your previous post appears to be an IP based device. That being so you will have ethernet cables running to the DVR, and these can certainly be reused for new IP cameras, if they are still in good condition and the connectors haven't been damaged.

You can in theory mix different makes of IP camera and DVR. But for maximum compatibility and ease of setting up it's best to keep them all from the same manufacturer.

The Swann range are at the budget end of the market and are not generally endorsed on here. If you can afford it, go for something like Hikvision which are generally very reliable.

Think your wrong on that …

A …..it’s a DVR
B…… the cameras use BNC 3C47DB01-D566-4FEC-ABD6-01DA45E4EA91.png8D1ED778-ACA3-452E-8746-0F6DE6899139.png5146660F-98A0-40BE-910B-FDAED6402A8D.png

Sponsored Links

The cable that came with the Samsung SDH B 74081 was BNC cable 60 foot reels. Cameras were SDC 9443 BC.
Will have a look at your suggestion Hikvision.

Look at the camera sockets on the DVR. Round metal with one central contact = analogue. Flat plastic with several contacts = digital.

Look at the camera sockets on the DVR. Round metal with one central contact = analogue. Flat plastic with several contacts = digital.

Round metal with one central contact with half screw to lock in.

I have four reels of spare BNC cable.

Looked on web for a Samsung - Swann or Hikvision to suit my BNC cables

Unable to find retailer, E-bay has some not replied to my requests for info.

You can certainly buy Hikvision analogue CCTV from official UK retail sources, e.g the one below. But there is a limited range of cameras compared with IP versions, so you might not be able to get the ideal focal lengths for your own installation.

https://www.cctvempire.co.uk/hikvision-turbohd-hd-tvi

I will check with them, I really need the kit joint up with the signal cables I have installed, don't mind if I have to buy new 6 cameras in the kit.

Thanks

I will check with them, I really need the kit joint up with the signal cables I have installed, don't mind if I have to buy new 6 cameras in the kit.

Thanks

I have searched out a SAMSUNG HRX 820 DVR unit that looks like it will accept my BNC cables and cameras.

A lot more features than my old one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back