DVR Fault Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Back in August I purchased a HIkvision 8 Channel Turbo HD 3.0 DVR (DS-7208HUHI-F1/N) from CCTV Direct Online.

I have the DVR installed with eight cameras, each camera has its own power supply.

Today channels 5, 6, 7 & 8 of the DVR do not seem to be functional. Channels 5, 6 & 7 show no video at all, and channel 8 has a grainy video with multiple lines through it.

Channels 1, 2, 3 & 4 work fine.

When I connect any of the cameras from channels 5, 6, 7 & 8 to channels 1, 2, 3 & 4 they work fine. So I am happy that the cameras are no the issue.

It seems that the DVR itself is suffering a technical fault.

Does this seem like a fair assessment or am I possibly missing something?

Is this known/common fault with these DVRs?

Does anyone have any experience with CCTV Direct Online? Are they likely to resolve this issue as in warranty without any fuss or am I going to have a battle?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

TF

Sponsored Links
Are channel channels 5-8 turned on in set up?
IMG_0120.PNG

Thanks for the prompt... yes all the channels are enabled.

As four of the channels worked and four did not, I was assuming it was a hardware issue. But your post above prompted me to reboot the system (for some reason this had not occurred to me before to do so). Having re-booted the system all channels are now working.

I will have to monitor it now and see if they drop out again.

I am now wondering why they did drop out and if it is a one-off issue or a sign of a problem....

Thanks

Back in August I purchased a HIkvision 8 Channel Turbo HD 3.0 DVR (DS-7208HUHI-F1/N) from CCTV Direct Online.

TF

I have tried to register but heard nothing from them. Their site says trade only, how did you get around that mate if you don't mind me asking?

Sponsored Links
I have tried to register but heard nothing from them. Their site says trade only, how did you get around that mate if you don't mind me asking?

Ermm... i went to their website, added some stuff to my basket, and checked out. Just like using any other website. i did not do anything special.

I've had a turbo loose a channel ( on screen ) it was there on playback ! A reboot solved it and it's been fine since about 9 months ago !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back