CCTV Camera Outouts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been given a load of (domestic) CCTV stuff to sort through.

Amongst the pile are 8 channel DVRs (KGuard & Sentient) as well as 18 mixed bullet cameras by KGuard, Sentient & Swann.

All this is analogue stuff running off 12V DC and having, I assumed composite video ouputs.

The Kguard & Sentient cameras are interchangeable and all work on any of the channels of the DVRs, however I cant get a picture from any of the 4 swann cameras.

Is the o/p of the Swanns not composite? They are terminated in a BNC so cant be IP cameras... what gives? What am I missing? They can't all be bad......

Sponsored Links
Could be any of the following TVI / HD-SDI / HD -CVI OR AHD
Model numbers may help

Swann don’t make cctv they just say to manufacture A make me 5000 units ...ect ect ....so it could be anything

Thanks Sparkymarka,

I guess I need to read-up of the modern standards - most of my knowledge is from a few years back and based on good old analogue composite video!

One of the DVRs is a Kguard SHA108 V2. The Sentient box is their clone of the same hardware. Both are H.264 based boxes.

The Kguard cameras are CW20R1D3-P units, the Sentients are N91NB cameras and the Swann badged ones are A850CAM units.

This is all a big collection of items dumped in a box, I'm guessing that it was running as two separate systems at one time - the Swann cameras may never have worked with these at all, just dumped in the same box of bits.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back