New kitchen circuit capacity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a small single oven in our new kitchenette, this is rated at 2.6kw. Is it really necessary to install a new 30amp circuit with 6 or 10mm cable for this or can it be on the main kitchen ring. The ring itself only has 3 sockets, one of which will be used by the fridge (350W). There will also be an extractor and gas hob. I make the total maximum fixed load less than 3.5kw which I think gives us more than enough capacity for the two free sockets or am I being stupid. Washing machine, freezer etc. are all in the outhouse on its own circuit. Also, the cooker will have its own control unit - would it be permissable (and safe) to run the cooker hood (260W) and gas hob igniter(n/a) from this so that turning off the cooker switch deactivates all cooking related appliances?

Sponsored Links
you can just plug in the cooker, as for the other i would say no, leat of all so you can leave the extractor on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back