New kitchen tap G3/8 into 15 mm isolator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I believe it's been asked a million times, but I'll do it again anyway, sorry.

I'm fitting a replacement Grohe tap to my kitchen sink, and it comes complete with G3/8 flexible hoses.

Of course, these won't screw into the 15mm isolator valves currently under the sink.

It's been a long day, and my mind is addled, but can somebody please confirm the the thread on the isolator valve is actually a "1/2 inch" thread, and all I need is a female 1/2" to male 3/8" adaptor?

Or do I need to fork out for something more expensive?

Many thanks, 191

Attachments

• tapfitting.jpg
    tapfitting.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 21
Sponsored Links
Fit 3/8 tap tail adaptors into the isolation valves. You will need 2 olives and 2 nuts to replace the ones missing from the isolation valves.

1. Get a pair of adaptors such as Screwfix Item 6089R. Also get 2 x 15mm compression olives, preferably copper rather than brass. You can get these from Toolstation (code 92817), but its probably cheaper to buy a fitting like a 15 mm compression elbow or coupler and use those olives.
2.The plain shank of the adaptor with a new olive go into the isolation valve. The end of the flexi screws onto the other end.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the responses, everyone.

I'm afraid I don't do plumbing (I'm more carpentry and electrics!) and I thought this would be a straightforward swap-out job just screwing and unscrewing the tails.

Right now I just need to make a connection and get the water flowing, and I've seen these:

Ibergrif M91501 UK Compression Adaptors Connector from G3/8 Inch to G1/2 Inch, Metal, Chrome, 1 Pair

These should get me over the line for a few months while I wait for a plumber, shouldn't they?

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back