Installing kitchen tap - flexi hoses & isolator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Installing a new kitchen sink and taps was my job for today. Thought I had all the bits so whipped the old sink out without any problems.

Then ensembling the tap I've just realised the flexi hoses out of the monobloc tap don't connect directly to the compression isolator valves (first time I've done plumbing).

Can anyone point me in the direction of what bit I'm missing or if there's some different flexi hoses I need?

These are the flexi hoses coming out of my tap (has a thread on end with an olive and nut which detach):

http://www.screwfix.com/p/flexible-tap-tails-12mm-x-15mm-x-300mm-pack-of-2/91351

Compression Isolator valve which is pre-existing and already on the pipe work but looks the same as the following (also has threaded end since olive and nut are attached to the copper tails on the old tap):

http://www.screwfix.com/p/comap-full-bore-isolating-valve-chrome-15mm/76597

Thanks...at least I won't be doing the washing up tonight! :)

Sponsored Links
If you undo the top nut off of the isolator and put the nut aside,

Put in a piece of copper long enough to reach the flexiis and tighten up with the nut you had put aside and a new olive. Repeat for the other side

You can now sl on the flexible hose and compress it, use two spanners and don't twist the braided hose

I'm not going to be the only one washing up on fathers day :lol

P.S.

It might be easier just to buy a 15 compression straight connector and use the nuts and olives to attach to the isolators

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies...seems simple enough...just didn't think I'd have to mess about with copper pipe!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back