Flexi Monobloc tap tails connection to isolator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A question. or two .... I have just brought a new monobloc tap mixer and included in the pack are two flexi flexi monobloc tap tails. One marked red and the other marked blue. Also Included Are 2 Isolator valves with a red and blue switch on each to open and close them.

Having read the installation instructions it advises to fit these isolator valves to reduce the need to turm off the water supply for the whole house.

I have looked at my pipe work today and have noticed that I already have a brass isolator value (the one with the screw in the middle to isolate the water supply off to the the taps so)... therefore my first question is...

1) Can anyone advice whether i need to take out the existing isolator value and replace it with he new one supplied with my monobloc tap?

The existing islolator value is I think is a compression one ( I'm not sure if all Isolator valves are compression) - so I'm expecting there to be an olive ring if i unscrewed the nut.

If I left the existing iso value in, I would be a little confused as the flexible hose tap tail ends have a nut attached to them with a black washer inside. Will the black washer act as a compression washer or would i need to use the Olive ring as well (Olive ring would come from the nut taken off the end of the existing isolator valve).

2) Should I use PTFE tape anywhere in this. Maybe on the joint connneting to the isolating valve with the tap

Any help would be much appreciated

Diylady

Sponsored Links
1) Can anyone advice whether i need to take out the existing isolator value and replace it with he new one supplied with my monobloc tap?

no use the ones already fitted if you want. and they work ok.

The existing islolator value is I think is a compression one ( I'm not sure if all Isolator valves are compression) - so I'm expecting there to be an olive ring if i unscrewed the nut.

if its compression it will have a olive.

If I left the existing iso value in, I would be a little confused as the flexible hose tap tail ends have a nut attached to them with a black washer inside. Will the black washer act as a compression washer or would i need to use the Olive ring as well (Olive ring would come from the nut taken off the end of the existing isolator valve).

you can remove the nut, olive and screw the flexi with rubber washer straight onto the iso valve.

2) Should I use PTFE tape anywhere in this. Maybe on the joint connneting to the isolating valve with the tap

no

Any help would be much appreciated

Diylady[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back