Flexi tap tails for Ikea monobloc tap

3 Mar 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I am about to fit an Ikea 'Loviken' monobloc kitchen tap.

It comes supplied with rigid copper tails but I would like to replace these with flexi tap tails instead (due to my existing pipe layout).

I have found some flexi tap tails for monobloc taps at Screwfix.com but there are two sizes to choose from – 10mm x 15mm x 300mm OR 12mm x 15mm x 300mm. Can anyone explain what this 10/12mm size difference is and which one would suit me best? Also, what would be the best way to fit an isolating valve to both tails?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
the 10 or 12 mm indicates the size of the bit that actually screws into the tap. As to which one - take a copper tail with you to a plumbers merchant or DIY store to compare.

Easiest way to fit isolators will be to use a short offcut from your supplied tails to bridge between the end of the flexi and the isolator valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links