Check Valve on Monobloc Basin Mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning on getting a Monobloc Basin Mixer for our new bathroom.

HW from Cylinder, CW from mains.

Obviously the CW pressure is far in excess of the cold so presume I need a single check valve on the HW inlet to stop CW entering the HW system.

(HW) 15mm pipe ----> Isolation Valve ----> Check Valve -----> Flexi Tap Tail to Monobloc

(CW) 15mm pipe ----> Isolation Valve ----> Flexi Tap Tail to Monobloc

Mixer I was planning to use is this...
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat...EVT0CSTHZPCFEY?cId=A341141&ts=80807&id=47934#

Is the above correct?

Thanks

Tom

Sponsored Links
First make sure the chosen tap is designed for LOW pressure, ie from a cistern in the loft.
Then you need a check valve in the CW pipe too. If the mains fails your HW could contaminate the supply.

ChrisR said:
First make sure the chosen tap is designed for LOW pressure, ie from a cistern in the loft.
Then you need a check valve in the CW pipe too. If the mains fails your HW could contaminate the supply.

Thanks for the reply, little confused about the LOW pressure bit. CW is supplied from the water main entering the house in the kitchen where the kitchen sink CW branches off, CW pipe then heads up into the bathroom above and Tees with one branch off to the basin and toilet and one off to supply the bath and then onto the tanks in the loft.

Presume that this will mean that our basin CW supply will always be HIGH pressure and so a monobloc mixer as I was going to get is unsuitable as it needs a balanced pressure supply? Or can you get basin mixer taps suitable for unbalanced systems?

Just done some rough experiments and found the HW flow is about 8 l/min and cold is about 18 l/min.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back