New mixer tap turning wrong way (anti clock wise)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plumber said that it's how all these taps turn today. Is that right? Any way to change it?

Attachments

• tap.jpg.png
    tap.jpg.png
    451 KB · Views: 125
Sponsored Links
Tap will be up/down for on off.
To left for hot right for cold.
The centre position in relation to handle can be adjusted by where its clamped down..

I don't understand what's turning.
It's a monobloc, left for hot, right for cold and lift to open.
Nothing to turn.

Sponsored Links
The centre position in relation to handle can be adjusted by where its clamped down..

when you lift up the top lever you get cold water by default, if you want hot water you have to turn it anti clockwise to your right. It doesn't turn left at all. I want it to do the opposite, turn it clockwise to your left get hot water.

I don't understand what's turning.
It's a monobloc, left for hot, right for cold and lift to open.
Nothing to turn.
I have attached two photos, the first showing the cold water position and the second showing hot water. I basically want it so you turn the top lever all way left instead of right.

Attachments

• cold water position.jpg
    cold water position.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 54
Only one pic visible. It sounds like the tap body needs to be turned on the sink ,and your hot and cold connections to the tap are the wrong way around.
Hot should be lever to the left and cold to the right. The indice on the tap is showing the opposite ,but that can be pulled out and repositioned

hot water position
Only one pic visible. It sounds like the tap body needs to be turned on the sink ,and your hot and cold connections to the tap are the wrong way around.
Hot should be lever to the left and cold to the right. The indice on the tap is showing the opposite ,but that can be pulled out and repositioned
Thanks. Isn't it the cartridge inside the tap that determines which way it turns? The issue is that the turn doesn't turn left and right, only right. On my bathroom tap you turn it left to get hot water and turn it right to get cold water. On this tap it only turns to the right for hot water but I would it to turn to the left for hot water.

Attachments

• hot water position.jpg
    hot water position.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 39
  • hot water position.jpg
    hot water position.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 38
  • hot water position.jpg
    hot water position.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 36
  • cold water position.jpg
    cold water position.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 45
Your tap handle has a mid point between far left and far right ,at which it will blend hot and cold water together.
The tap tails below the sink are connected incorrectly ,for you to get hot on the left and cold on the right they need to be swapped over on the supply pipes.
The cartridge is irrelevant.

Your tap handle has a mid point between far left and far right ,at which it will blend hot and cold water together.
The tap tails below the sink are connected incorrectly ,for you to get hot on the left and cold on the right they need to be swapped over on the supply pipes.
The cartridge is irrelevant.
I've made a video showing how the tap turns. Can you confirm it's been fitted incorrectly?

Put it this way ,it's not conventional !! There is no law that states a mono bloc tap has to be fitted in a specific orientation ,but yours is the only one I have ever seen fitted like that !!

Put it this way ,it's not conventional !! There is no law that states a mono bloc tap has to be fitted in a specific orientation ,but yours is the only one I have ever seen fitted like that !!
But it's not the tap that's faulty, the installers can change the orientation?

Correct ,there is nowt wrong with the tap ,if it gives hot water only,or cold water only, or both mixed together ,when lever is in a centre point ,that's what it's designed to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back