New outdoor light fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, would appreciate some advice.
I currently have an outdoor lantern PIR lamp wired to the house that can be controlled by either the PIR or by a switch in the hallway. I wish to change this for a new outdoor light with camera from Eufy (S100)

I have taken the current light off and it is wired by 3 core and earth (picture below). My new fitting looks like it is for two core, and has three terminals for live, neutral and earth (picture attached).

IMG_8982.jpeg

IMG_8986.jpeg

Please can I have some advice how to proceed? I’m not fussed about having the ability to switch the fitting off - I would prefer continuous power actually with it being a camera too.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Connect the permanent live,the neutral,and the earth conductor to your new fitting. Put the switched live into an insulated terminal block that can sit loosely inside your new fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back