new plants and rain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently have planted loads of pots with nice bulbs for summer flowers, also hanging baskets with bedding plants etc.

What I would like to know, is can a large amount of rain cause any problems. Please be aware i am a novice gardener, but I would hate to see all my hard work wasted with a week of miserable british weather..

cheers

Sponsored Links
The only time I've found too much rain to be a problem is when the flowers come into bloom. It saturates the petals and generally shortens their life. Before flowering you shouldn't have any trouble providing everything is well drained.

In my experience you can never have too much water on hanging baskets as they dry out so quickly but, on another point, if you have them out at this time of year watch the frost for a couple of weeks yet.

Come the summer you should have loads of colour.

Good luck. :) :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back