NEW PRIMED DOORS & PAINTING THEM TOP TIPS NEEDED PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased all new doors which are the white already primed type, I am just in the process of undercoating them. I have had these in the past but was disappointed after using gloss paint, the finish was actually lovely but I found they soon lost their whiteness just as gloss does after a while. What would be the best to use for the finishing coat? Has anyone used satinwood on doors? I know this gives a nice finish on cuboards etc but I am thinking 'finger marks' and if I start wiping the doors down would I just eventually be wiping off the satinwood paint.

All tips appreciated as will be starting the final coat hopefully by next Wednesday after I have finished undercoating them all. As usual time limits the amout I can do in a day.

Thanks to you all. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Has anyone used satinwood on doors? I know this gives a nice finish on cuboards etc but I am thinking 'finger marks' and if I start wiping the doors down would I just eventually be wiping off the satinwood paint.
Yes, I currently use it on everything & looks great. Had some complaints about yellowing after a few months up to about a year or so ago but the latest "new formula" stuff seems OK, although it does have a slightly higher sheen. No you won’t wipe it off unless you use kitchen scourers or one of those nice, hygienic anti- bacteria sprays. They should come with a health warning as I think they must contain neat paint stripper; continued use will ruin any lacquered or painted surface well inside 12 months!

Sponsored Links
Go for water based paint..it doesnt yellow, hadrly any smell and dries in 15 minutes

You can use water based eggshell also

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back