new radiator & btu's... what does these figures mean ple

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi ...looking at getting a new double convector radiator for living room ( rad measures 1200 x 500 )...i have found a few that i like..and i understand that btu's relate to heat output etc but on one site the following is written.."Output BTU's @ 50 degrees: 6527btu...
Output BTU's @ 60 degrees: 8362btu".....what exactly is meant by the 50 degrees and 60 degrees and why two different readings? the radiator is to heat a room approx .. 5mtrs long x 4 mtrs wide x 2 mtrs high... would this radiator be ok for that ? and again what do the 2 different btu's figures mean ?..hope you understand what i am saying....many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
50'c & 60'c is referring to the water temperature flowing into the rad
it is common to run Condensing boilers at a lower temperature to maximise the efficiency, the hotter the water the greater the output of the rad. this maker is being helpfull by giving outputs at difrent water temperatures ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back