new roof?????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i started out to put a new roof on old farm house, first part build in 1837
pulled up the three layers of shingles and found some bad boards. pulled up bad boards and found 3 more layers of shingles we started to reinforce the front footing and it caved in ( had to pour a whole new footing and wall)and discovered that the sill plates were bad real bad shove your finger in the wood bad. had to fix that soooo jacked up the floor boards and 9 out of 18 were bad
lets see ,roof gone ,sill plates gone ,floor joices gone ,what holds up the walls
nothing walls gone also
started from the ground up living in a camper and it is cold here in michigan would have been earier to build a new house first
it was my wifes, idea so i rented the movie "the money pit" it is a good one to watch before you start
randy

Sponsored Links
Randy

Sounds like all you need to make it a "full house" is termites. Good job you're too far north.

Scrit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back