new shower planning advice and recommendations required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all.......

i am planning to rip out my old bath and install a mira atom mixer shower and bar valve fitting kit.
i have a new combi boiler giving me at least 1.0 bar.
as my bath is a 1950s fitting and with a 3/4" feed to hot would i be able to reduce it down to 15 mm.

I also need to reroute pipework below flooring.

when doing this would it be ok to reduce it?

my plans are to re-route pipes under floor void with solder fit connections, small false wall with aqua panel for mixer and to hide re-routed pipes.

i want to overboard flooring and tank area for shower with access panel for shower waste connecting and any future problems etc then mortar shower tray in location.

I also have old copper wastes, unable to renew with plastic as external wall insulation now prevents any access without major work to external walls! isthere an aftermarket adaptor, i have seen that a solvent weld pipe will fit over this anygood?

Am i on the right tracks? any advice?

Thanks for looking guys and gals.

Help and advice much appreciated

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back