new shower with combi boiler - water cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey I m not technical with plumbing at all but will try my best. I have had a new power shower fitted ( thermostatic) but the water coming out is freezing. The pressure is pretty good. The water out of the taps is pipping hot. I thought it was to do with the boiler not kicking in beacuse the pressure is low. So i v tried turing the tap on in the sink but that only helps a small amount. Is there any program setting on the boiler I can change? I dont want to make my shower a mixer shower seems a waste of a nice new shower. Any ideas would be appreciated thank you.

Sponsored Links
I didnt fit it /check it - the plumber/bathroom fitter did. It is suitable for combi boilers just not mine maybe. They asked me to speak to my boiler care scheme people but its a fortune for a call out and I was hoping to keep the shower. I could put a mixer on but that wont be as good. How about a restrictor on the cold flow?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it is a power shower you have ? ie a shower that has a pump that you can hear running when you start the shower ?

your right its not a power shower. it runs off the mains, and does normally work with a combi boiler. its got a thermostat on the right hand side that changes the temp and the left side changes the pressure. sorry i m not the most helpful

Should work ok with your combi then, if all other taps are running hot then I would say its a fault with your shower/install rather than your boiler, does the boiler fire at all when you run the shower at its hottest setting ?

If you engaged and paid someone to install a shower then I would have thought that you would be expecting it to work!

They are meant to be the experts, not you.

Have you paid them?

Tony

the red light that comes on when the hot tap is open doesnt come on, when the shower is turned on. the boiler is working fine. I gone in to the boiler and checked that the hot water section is turned to immediate hot water but still nothing

Sounds like the shower isolating valve for the hot is closed or partly closed or it shower issue who instatalled it ?

plumber, locally they thought the boiler was at fault. I ll get on to them and see what they ll do. The guys resonable ...think he ll fix it but he can, But he was totally stumped came back for 2 hours and said he could put a mixer on it but that itd be fiddly for me using it. He was sure it was the boiler at fault? cheers guys for all the help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back