New sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently had new kitchen installed and the sink has a tear in it, the company have agreed to replace and pay for the new install of the sink, the thing is I want a better sink but cant find any that are same size and better quality, my sink dimensions are 950mm/550mm, some sinks that I like are 1000/500 or similar, how much work would this involve I e cutting worktop, and units and is it something that can be done.

Sponsored Links
If your existing sink is 550 mm wide ,you can't have one thats 500 mm ,there would be a gap wouldn't there.

Got dimensions slightly wrong, it's 950/508, so could I get one that is 1000/500, the cut in the worktop isn't as big as the sink dimensions right, so might work

You would certainly have a better chance. Any obstacles below the sink that may be an issue for installing the clamps ( some heavy sinks don't have clamps)
Pics would be useful

Sponsored Links
Plumber couldn't get all clamps on sink anyway, because of impatient kitchen fitter wouldn't wait for plumber, near left hand side back and maybe righthandside back they used cable ties to hold It down yes I know this isn't normal, but they didn't want to use sealant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back