new soil pipe reducing 110mm to 82mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am in the process of fitting a new bathroom and have decided to move the soil pipe from inside of the house i have dug out and located the clay pipes that go to the manhole but on inspection there appears to be a hairline crack in the pipe could i reduce the new soil pipe down from 110 to 82 and insert the 82mm pipe into the clay pipe as a feed to the manhole i can cut it off after the crack and thought seal around the 82 mm pipe to stop any leakage thanks

Sponsored Links
82mm (3") on a drain is asking for trouble and is (IIRC) against regs. You will need to replace the damaged clay pipe, using 110mm (4") pipe. The 'Fernco' type connectors will allow jointing of new to old as required. Bodge it with 82mm at your peril, I suspect it wont take long to block..... :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back