new tap leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have attempted to fit a new kitchen mixer tap which came with flexi hoses. The problem once i fitted it all is the water poured out the bottom of tap where the flexi hoses are inserted. I took the flexi hoses out and turned the water on and the water came out the hoses fine. I plugged one hose into the cold side of the tap and everything was fine. I unscrewed that hose and tried it on the hot side and then the water poured out so there is something wrong with the hot side.

I googled for some answers but couldnt find much except to tighten the ceramic value which can come loose in transit. I tightened the valve but no change.

Bit stuck now and the water has to remain off as I cant install the old taps. Where am I going wrong? Is the new tap faulty?

Any help appreciated, thanks

Sponsored Links
It obviously leaking from the hose connection so check the o-rings. They usually come with spares.

Must be a fault with the drilling for the seating of the o ring or similar. If both hoses are OK in cold, but leak in hot, nothing more that you can do except get the tap exchanged for another one.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back