New taps for weak hands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Due to the onset of arthritis, I recently changed my bathroom sink taps (many thanks to all who advised me on this), from bog-standard Bristan taps (rubber washers) to ones with levers (Prism, with ceramic discs). Everything went well and there are no leaks. The one thing I have noticed is that when turned on, even at relatively low flow levels, the sound (roar) of water rushing through the system is considerably louder than before, to the extent that it is very noticable in the kitchen when someone uses an upstairs bathroom sink. I never used to hear anything with the old taps.

Any ideas what this could be and how I may solve the problem? :confused:

Sponsored Links
might be that the new tap or new pipe is in direct contact with the sink or part of the cupboard. The sink acts as a sounding board. Have a look, a simple rubber washer under the tap might help or some insulation pushed between the pipe and whatever it is touching.

If it is mains pressure system (no cold water tank in the loft) you may need to fit a pressure reducing valve on your incoming feed.

This will reduce the pressure at the taps & the noise that comes with it...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back