New Team Shower Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning all,

Sorry registered to ask what I am hoping is a simple (ish) answer. I have a New Team 1000 electric shower, which over the last few months has got louder running, but weaker flow on the cold. When it initially starts you get full flow, then it sounds as if it is pumping more air than water.

Am I worth just replacing the shower or getting it looked at in more detail, we are in a Hard water area (hampshire) and the shower is approx 5 years old. water system as far as understand it is cold fed from the loft tank if that makes a difference?

Thanks if anyone can help

Ian

Sponsored Links
Have tried (and failed) to repair these things a couple of times. I'll second Andy's advice, save your sanity, and dont waste money on spares.

Go for a Mira if you can afford it, otherwise i'd look at Triton. Fitted a Triton as a replacement for a New Team, it was still working ok until it was taken out when the boiler was swapped for a combi.

it's a good few yrs old so prob full of scale, like above time for a replacement

Sponsored Links
New team 1000 is a power shower not an electric shower , has pump built into cabinet

Point being some may give advice thinking its an electric shower and not a power shower where the water is heated in the cylinder not the unit.

So chances of it being scale in the actual unit are very remote

IIRC these things were virtually all plastic, they wear out over time and no amount of servicing or replacing washers/seals will resurrect them.... :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back