New VED bandings.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
Watch how many cars we see with "Tax in post" on the screen now :LOL:

Make no mistake, there's nothing green about this.

This is a pure cost issue ... They will have queried the DVLA database and made absolutely sure that the revenue from this new tariff far exceeds the current one.

I'd love the people of this country to call their bluff and buy low emission cars in bands A thru F ... Watch the treasury U-Turn when they find they don't have a pot to pi** in :LOL:

MW

You mean if I spend £250,000 on a flash car, I have to pay £520 year road tax? that'll make all the difference... I spend more than that on the monogrammed cigar-holder.

Sponsored Links
No, it means it will be towed away and crushed ... You need to contact your local MP.

might help if i knew what band any of my cars were in. :confused:

If the Czech Chariot's emissions are anything to go by (140g.km), then I'm in Band E (£110).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/12/ncars112.xml

All cars new or older...

Band M - £440 road tax
Band L - £415 road tax
Band K - £300 road tax
Band J - £260 road tax
Band I - £205 road tax
Band H - £175 road tax
Band G - £150 road tax
Band F - £120 road tax
Band E - £110 road tax
Band D - £90 road tax
Band C - £30 road tax
Band B - £20 road tax
Band A - no road tax

:eek:

This government is creating a class society again, everyone who uses our roads should pay road tax, (cycles included)
Just because someone drives a large car, does not make them wealthy, we are already paying for the priveledge by the tax paid on the fuel to run the vehicle, without being taxed even more.
But the motorist is a captive consumer and has little or no chance of staging an effective protest, other than voting this corrupt government out of power at the earliest oppertunity.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Back