New water feed and foundations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing an extension on the house. The back right hand corner is going to have the wall extended by 5m's. At the point where the old and new walls will meet i am intending on bringing a new plastic water feed up the drive and sitting just inside this rear right hand corner.

So the pipe will turn and head under the proposed concrete foundation area. I have to lay the water feed at 750mm depth and my foundations will be going down to this depth or a little deeper and then come up 250mm in concrete. I will then use foundation blocks to get to ground level.

I am thinking i need to do the foundation first, but i am not sure what the finished height will be at and the water feed must be at 750mm deep all the time. So if my foundations go ok and i need to excavate to the proposed 800mm, i will then come up 250mm in concrete and so the new water feed at this point will be 550mm deep.

Any ideas on what to do here ?

Sponsored Links
Install a duct to allow for the new service to be pulled through

Ok, so is this just a length of 4" soil pipe then ?

Do i set this duct fully under the foundation strip ? So if the bottom of the foundation is 800mm deep, the duct fits under this depth, so goes to 900mm deep. This means digging a little deeper as the pipe nears duct entrance. This seems pretty straight forward.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back