New WC drainage

So it's 800mm from surface to bottom of channel in inspection chamber. Took some more photos. Pipe leading in near the top at the side is on the right hand side standing with my back to the house so you must be right about it going to a vent Newboy? Drop pipe and pipe just above it at the end are at downstream end of inspection chamber furthest away from house. If I were to run diagonally under garden from the corner of the house to the inspection chamber how would I tie in? Would I just dig to outside wall of chamber then knock out brick, insert pipe then cement in/around it?

Attachments

• IMG_20180301_171654.jpg
    IMG_20180301_171654.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20180301_171647.jpg
    IMG_20180301_171647.jpg
    342 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20180301_171639.jpg
    IMG_20180301_171639.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 50
Sponsored Links
You could leave the existing channel in and sit you new pipe ontop of it at a 45degrees angle. Your turds would drop into the channel and away through the trap.

The wall of the manhole should be 2 bricks thick so it will be awkward to break into but doable.

how would I tie in? Would I just dig to outside wall of chamber then knock out brick, insert pipe then cement in/around it?

No - the new lateral needs to sweep into the main channel. Given the (good) construction of the existing chamber and the need to break into the channel close to the trap I'd leave it well alone - it's not really a DIY job.

Plenty of depth so not an issue. If you're going to DIY it then come through the house wall into a tee with an access cap on the top connection, drop into a long radius/rest bend, to the corner of the house, 45°, locate the main channel between the house and install a pre-made 450 mm chamber with riser rings to suit. Lay at 1/40 from the base of the rest bend to the new IC.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian,

Yes, adding a WC and altering foul drainage- but then again there are thousands of DIY jobs that don't comply and will/have never been inspected/signed off.

Bearing in mind the OP's first post

Think I know roughly but want to make sure nothing will cause issues with building control.

Great, comprehensive advice Newboy and thanks for input too Ian, pretty confident of everything up to last connection into existing pipe which I may still get a ground worker I know to sort for me or at least assist. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back