New Windows for front of house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Sorry if this is not the correct place for this post but I'm hoping you lot know more about the quality of windows!

I've had a couple quotes for new windows on the front of the house (2 bedrooms and 1 living room).

The 2 companies are Anglian and Gee and Bees windows and doors (a local comapny).

I have the prices within £500 of each other (Anglian £500 more).

I was going to accept Anglian as they are a more known campany and have 15 years warrenty etc but I've now read some bad reviews of them. I told them about the other company and as expected they rubbished them (I took with a pinch of salt!)

Any ideas? Big or local firm? - I have verbally accepted Anglian, they are coming to do contracts tomorrow but I'm already thinking of cancelling!

Sponsored Links
Personally, I wouldn't touch Anglian with a barge pole! but that's just me!
You get the impression of a big national company, but in essence they are cowboys operating under the Anglian banner, again, my opinion.

I agree with Philip, I wouldn’t touch any of the big nationals with a barge pole. You’ll get over inflated prices, pot luck fitters & very often the same products used by the small locals; very few companies make their own windows these days, they buy them in from large regional factories. Get some more quotes from local companies who use quality windows – I have Rehau units but Swift are good & there are a few others. Ideally use a FENSA registered company or at least make sure they will do all the leg work & pay Building Control so you get your compliance certificate at the end & get an independent warranty that will remain valid if the company goes bust.

Thanks guys! Big Help!

I've cancelled Anglian and think I'm going with Gee & Bee Windows & Doors!

Hope they are good windows! :!:

Sponsored Links
Ask them to give you a couple of addresses where they have carried out installations. Go round and have a look and give a knock on the door and just tell them you were thinking of using the same form and would they recommend them. There are still a lot of cowboys out there and I would include Anglian in that catch all statement :rolleyes:

Recommendations are best.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back