Nightmare door size

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My internal doors are needing replacing and I can't get an exact replica size to fit.
They seem to measure in at standard metric width with a standard imperial height.
They are approx 726 x 1981
I'm basically looking for 6 panel pre-primed white doors to replace my pine doors.
All the cheap cardboard like doors that your b&qs and the like do are not the correct size.
I called a local timber merchant who stock premdor products, but they informed me that they don't do that size.
If I was to get a larger height door could I saw off 60mm - 30mm top and bottom without damaging the inside frame, or fitting the frame back in to the door and nailing each side.
Any advice welcome
:confused:

Sponsored Links
I'd cut the 30mm of top and bottom. Then glue in timber in gap where the frame was and fix each side if necessary.
As they are pre-primed I take it you are painting them so any filling or touching up required won't be noticed.
Just remember the finished look will not be even, with narrower top and bottom rails. :)

What is the best tool to cut this type of door with, circular saw or hand saw and should I mark the face with a stanley knife prior to cutting.
Any help appreciated.

letiss said:
What is the best tool to cut this type of door with, circular saw or hand saw and should I mark the face with a stanley knife prior to cutting.
Any help appreciated.

Hand saw, and run an stanley kinfe down both sides.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back