no cold water (except from mains supplied one in kitchen)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Drained tank to change a sink and now I have no toilet flush or cold water from any of the taps connected to tank in loft (all taps effected are mixer). I do have hot water. can anyone assist please????

Sponsored Links
Is this a seperate cold storage from the hot water cold storage tank? have you checked that ball valve hasn't stuck up?

Check for blockages in outlet in cold tank. Put a hose from cold mains tap onto cold tap from tank and turn on mains. May push any blockage back into tank or remove an airlock.

have tried hose from main supply tap via outside tap connected to cold water tap in bathroom (where water is not coming out) flushed it NOTHING HAPPENED still air locked.

Now I am trying hose from main supply tap via outside tap put in tank in loft to flush the air lock that way water is peeing out overflow pipe nothing happening from taps, how long do I keep doing this for, does any one know and has anyone got ANY MORE ADVISE ????

Sponsored Links
Air locks can sometimes be a pig to resolve was at one once after the the other lads had been attempting to resolve it for 3 days!! Try back pressure through the washing machine hoses ,connect the cold hose on to the hot supply valve ,that is providing its not just a cold fed machine and there ain't any non return valves fitted you may have to bypass em .sorry mate its a case off suck it and see,am afraid just got to keep at it . Check when your back pressurising that the water is going in to storage tank through the outlet in the tank, other than that your on your own unless someone else can suggest something.

Thanks for all your help, finally after days of no cold water we're back in service

Hi everyone, just a quick note if this helps anyone else - Main cold water valve from tank was stuck and only partially opened after a bit of elbow grease once fully opened airlock dispursed through system. typical oversight from person not meant to be doing diy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back