no cold water pressure !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last week I lost hot water pressure this week it is cold water.
The stopcock in the house was leaking big time so I got another one. Out into the street and turn the water off for the four houses. Replace stopcock in the house and back into the street and turn water back on. So far so good. Stopcock fitted with arrow in direction of flow but no water. The other 3 houses all have good pressure basically no change for them. I try putting thumb over the tap whilst it is on but nothing. The stopcock in the house goes into a water meter then into the main system. I have turned the stopcock on and off, the street valve on and off, left the tap closed at the sink and it builds up pressure after 10 minutes or so then just gurgles and returns to a trickle.
Any ideas please ?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have the arrow on the stopcock pointing towards the meter - water going into house. Is this the right way ?

The arrow should point in direction of flow.

Maybe the taps just duff?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back