No cracks paint?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a lot of re-rendering and skimming work done in the hallway and lounge of my appartment. The plasterers have done a good job, but the main guy told me today that there are some tiny hairline cracks which keep appearing in the plaster. He reackons it's down to the age of the place (1935 building), and says they've tried to get rid of them but they keep appearing. In fairness, you can't really see them unless you look closely, but I'm just wondering if they will cover up with paint? He told me to use flexible paint designed for this type of surface. I've found some Dulux "flexi-paint" which says it will stop cracks appearing (and a similar product by Polyfilla). Is it worth using these or should I just use my normal matt ceiling paint? If I use this paint, should I still water down the first coats? Thanks for any helpful hints.

Sponsored Links
Norty, norty putting the same post in two forums.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back